Sunday, April 19, 2009

Where Have We Been???

I'm sorry that it's been such a long time since I've posted on here. We ended up moving into our house on March 31st, but along with our new house, came no internet connection. So we've been without a phone and internet since then. We come to Checo's parents house every once in awhile to Skype with my parents (for those of you who don't know, Skype is a program where we can talk and see each other on the computer). And usually after we finish talking, Samuel is either too fussy for me to write on here or we need to leave, so that's why there's been a lack of posts. The problem is that we live in such a new area, there is no phone or cable service there yet. So we just have to wait. The good news is that we might be getting a wireless internet connection through a cell phone company tomorrow! But I know that I can't get my hopes up- I'll believe it when we actually have it. We were already told by one of the phone companies that they had a line available for us, only to later find out that it was reserved for a business, not residential. The customer service here is definately different than we are used to in the U.S.
It has not been easy moving here and trying to get settled in before baby Emma comes (yes, we picked a name- Emma Tolia). There have been many hurdles to jump, but God has been faithful. He is our rock. We have been really exhausted lately (me, being 8 months pregnant and taking care of Sammy; Checo working part time, working on the house, and working on the church). It has been very difficult at times, but we continue to trust in God. It was God that brought us here, and we are looking to Him for our strength. We still have so much to do before we can start the church, we really thought it would have been sooner than this, but I guess we were just a little naiive. We are looking forward to August when a group of people from our church in Seattle (Calvary Chapel) will come to help us with the church. The invitation is also open to anyone to come help us before that (or anytime) because we seriously need help. I am totally serious about that. We would love to have your help!

Here are some pictures so you can see what we've been doing lately:

Dad, this one is for you. Sammy knows where he came from- he's playing with his Mariner's bat! It's been really hot here- in the 90's and 100's, so Sammy prefers being in his diaper most of the time.


This was on Easter, April 12th, which was also our official 3 year anniversary. We actually celebrate our anniversary on April 14th, because we had a wedding in Seattle on the 12th and here in Monterrey on the 15th, so we picked the 14th to celebrate it. But the offical date is April 12th. We took this picture ourselves (can you tell?) at an ice cream shop. I have been craving ice cream all the time lately. And you get a huge scoop for about $1.75 at this place. Ice cream is one thing that is actually a good deal here! As some of you have already heard, things are more expensive than you'd expect here.


Sammy loves trees!


Easter Sunday, worship practice. As I said before, we haven't started the church yet, but we are meeting there every Sunday to pray, worship, and prepare. Checo's dad is on the left and Manolo is in the middle. Manolo and his wife recently moved to Monterrey so that he could finish medical school, and they want to help us start the church. We are so thankful that God sent them and we are praying for God to send more people like them who have a desire to serve and to work hard in order to get the church started.


Sammy in the swimming pool. He was a little cautious at first bceause it was kind of cold, but after he got used to it, he loved it.



Checo painting Emma's room. I'm sure that after Checo finishes painting our house, he's not gonna want to paint in a long time!


That's all for now. I'll try to update this more frequently. Hopefully we'll have the internet tomorrow! We'll see....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie,
The pink is very pretty.
"Corey Pinks"!
Sammy is the cutest in his swimmin' trunks!
Do you dry out your lil' swimmers? Save the earth! Recycle a diaper!
Have you been creating a list for me & gg. Favereds and what else? What tasty treats sound good to you?
Hey, please go to the coffee shop to warn them I am coming!
Hee Hee!

The Flores Family said...

Yeah, the pink turned out nice. Checo just painted the concrete wall around our backyard with the leftover green that we had (because I changed my mind about having Emma's room green).
I haven't been washing out the little swimmers- I've just been throwing them away. I guess I could, I just thought I was supposed to throw them away. I might as well save the earth and our wallets too!
I have a lit in my head about the things for you and gg to bring, but I'll have to start writing them down so I don't forget them.
I haven't been to the Starbucks here, but I bet they do more special orders than the other coffee shops. But I can't guarantee that they will be able to do your picky order!