Monday, May 4, 2009

La Influenza (Translation: The Flu)

I just remembered that you are probably wondering how we are doing here in Monterrey and how the flu is affecting us. Well, people are being very cautious. Almost everyone wears those hospital masks when they go anywhere in public, and as you have heard, schools have been closed for over a week now. But because everyone is being so cautious, no one in the whole city of Monterrey, and no one in the whole state of Nuevo Leon has the swine flu. There were 2 possible cases, but it ended up that it was a different flu. We are being careful about washing our hands frequently and we haven't taken Sammy to many public places. I just wanted to let you all know that we are doing fine, and the people here are being overly cautious!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you're all okay. I've been wondering if you've had your little girl yet. Hope you're doing wonderfully. Mucho Love-o!

The Flores Family said...

Hi Jenny,
I just saw this comment that you left. I guess it was about a month ago. Thanks for leaving comments. It's always nice to know that someone is reading!