Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Mission Trips

It's been awhile since I've written because we've been very busy. Right after my family left, a group of people from the San Antonio Calvary Chapel came to help us work on the church. While they were here, they painted the house that we are going to use for the Sunday school classes and they also helped us with an outreach concert at the park near the church. It was such a blessing to have them here with us for the weekend. I wish I got more pictures, but I only took 1!!! Isn't that terrible? Well, here it is. It was the morning they were leaving and I realized I didn't have any pictures, so I had them stand outside of our hosue for a picture real quick.


And then the night before the San Antonio people left, a group of 11 people from our church in Seattle (Calvary Chapel West Seattle) came to help! They were here for 1 week. They were such a big help to us. They painted the ceilings in the house, painted the inside of the church, weeded out the overgrown garden in the front and back, did some electrical work, helped with VBS (Vacation Bible School) for the kids in the neighborhood, and helped with another outreach concert!!! All that in one week. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some things too. It was so nice to see everybody again. We loved having them here. It was so encouraging to have them come alongside us and help with all the work that needs to be done. Unfortunately, I was even worse at taking pictures... I didn't take a single picture. Pastor Randy took a lot, so hopefully I can get some from him to post of the blog. I'm sorry to not have any pictures to show for the whole week they were here. Next time I'll take a lot, I promise (they are talking about coming back next year!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Don has a bunch, go to his facebook!