Saturday, January 30, 2010
Checo has joined the blogging world
Some of you might have already noticed that I have a new blog on my "blog list" to the right. It's Checo's very own blog! It's called "Contra Corriente" which means "against the current" or as I like to say, "going against the grain". Checo is using the blog to write about several different aspects of Christianity. There are some beliefs here in the Christian church that are widely accepted as truth, but really aren't Biblical. For this reason, we feel as if we are going against the grain at times. It has not been easy starting a new church, but we are trusting God and following Him. You might have noticed that Checo's blog is in Spanish. If you don't know Spanish, you can use the "translate" tool on the Google toolbar. WARNING: The translations are usually okay, but every once in awhile, it really messes up the meaning of what the writer intended to say. So if you read something that seems really weird or crazy, Checo probably did not write that- the translation probably is bad. For example, I tried the Google translate tool on his first blog entry titled, "Bienvenido" and the second sentence was really poorly translated. The translation states, "Many of these ideas are in line with the general ideas of this world or of society in which I live." But what Checo really wrote in Spanish was, "Many of these ideas are NOT in line with the general ideas of the world or of the society in which I live" (Coriann's translation). So you can see that what Checo really wrote was the opposite of what it translated. You're better off if you just learn Spanish, then you can read it without any problems!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
or... un otra idea, Annie translata para nosotros!
I did it mom! I translated the first post that Checo did. Check out the new English version of his blog: www.checofloresenglish.blogspot.com
Post a Comment