Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Emma Turns One!

Sorry, I'm a little late...Emma's birthday was May 29th.  I have been wanting to write about Emma's birthday and the miracle that her life is, but I haven't had a big enough chunk of time sit down and do it since her birthday. 
So Emma's story picks up where Sammy's story left off....God gave us Samuel and we were so thankful for his life and that he was our son.  We weren't planning on trying to get pregnant again for awhile.  Well, God had other plans.  Sammy was about 3 months old and we found out that I was pregnant.  This was a toal surprise!  This pregnancy was different than all the others though.  I knew that we did not try to get pregnant, this was not our plan, so God was completely in control.  I had peace throughout the whole pregnancy.  We didn't know what the outcome of the pregnancy would be....if we would be able to hold our baby in our arms after 9 months of waiting or if it would end in another miscarriage and we would have to wait to see our baby in heaven one day, but what we did know what that God was in control.  There was nothing we could do.  We trusted fully in Him. 
We are so thankful that Emma kept growing and developing during those 9 months, and she was born healthy on May 29th at 3:34am!  God has a plan for our lives and although we sometimes can't understand it when we are going through difficult situations, it is always best just to trust Him.  He knows what He's doing.  We are so thankful for the way that God gave us both Sammy and Emma.  He is so good!

Now here are a few pictures from Emma's birthday.  We went to a park called Chipinque.  It's a huge national park (or should I say, mountain) and there are tons of trails to hike up.  We didn't hike much since we had 2 toddlers (I can't believe that they are both toddlers now). 

Emma and Checo sliding down the the huge slide



The birthday girl doing a little exploring





Emma clapping because she loved being on my shoulders




Checo and Emma on the playground


No comments: