Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally Connected Again!

I know that you aren't interested in all the internet problems we've had, so I'm going to save you the boring details of it.  All I'll say is that we have a new internet provider, and so far, it's much better than the one we had before.  So I'm back, and able to upload pictures much faster!!! 
Right now there is a group here from our church in Seattle (Calvary Chapel West Seattle).  Eight people came and they have been helping with the church, doing VBS (Vacation Bible School), and a little bit of sightseeing.  I will post more after they leave, we have been really busy with them!
Here's a little list of what we've been up to during the long blogging break I was forced to take (because of our internet problems):
-a hurricane hit Monterrey very hard, people's houses were destroyed, roads washed away, devastation all around
-went on a vacation to Puerto Vallarta
-came back from vacation and found almost everything in our house covered in mold...hurricane...water leaked in our house...house closed up for 1 week because we were on vacation....mold starts growing...
-my mom came to visit the day after we got home from vacation- we spent most of the first week she was here cleaning the mold!
-Calvary Chapel mission trip to Monterrey to help us with the church and several other outreach activities

I'll have to post more about those events in following posts, but for now, here are a few pictures of when my mom was here.  Good thing I gave her my camera to use because she took tons of pictures!!!  I'm still really bad at remembering to pull out my camera!

Gramma Tin and Sammy in the back of the van...sorry Sammy isn't smiling, he was pretty tired!


Movie night with Mommy and Gramma Tin- Sammy loved it!


My mom in the nursery with 2 of the little girls from the church


It sure is hard to get both Sammy and Emma to stop for a picture!

Emma loves swings!


4 comments:

JoJo said...

YAY!! A new post!! Its my dream come true! So glad you got internet back! Please tell Sammy I want to play with him when I come visit. And I would like to push Emma on the big girl swing! look at her holding on for dear life! Miss you guys!

The Flores Family said...

I'm so glad you were happy to see a new post Joanna! Sammy would love to play with you...he's really into soccer lately (especially playing in the street like the big boys of the neighborhood). And Emma would love for you to push her on the swing (so would I). She would love to be on a swing all the time. She never wants to get off!

Anonymous said...

Annie, did you want JoJo to push you? or Emma on the swing! jeje!!
JoJo are you heading down soon? You and All should! whilst she is still a free bird! It could be called "Mission Fiesta #3"! Go!
Annie I just love todos los fotos!Emma in the ocean and Sammy... Dad says he looks like a "little" big boy in the pic! I love his bus ride pic! so "all business"! and our movie nights... precious, I told Dad how he so looked forward to when the popcorn was popping, Emma was out and you, me & him just sat and savored the special moment! I hope he can do my plan next summer and he can have 2AM movie nights w/ gmateen! jk...or I will never get to keep him! These pics remind me of my visit and I just want to squish them! you too, but Checo prob'ly just wants a hug, not a SQUISH!!

The Flores Family said...

Haha! I meant I would like it if JoJo pushed Emma and I could sit on a bench and enjoy the scenery! But then again, it also sounds nice to sit on a swing and enjoy the wind blowing through my hair as Joanna does all the hard work and pushed me....I'll take either one! Oh, that would be great if Joanna and Alessandra came for a visit!