Saturday, October 16, 2010

Morning Walks


Every morning around 8:15 or 8:30 Sammy, Emma, and I go for a long walk.  There is a nice walking path not too far from our house, so we walk there and back and it takes about 1 hour or so.  Some days we don't make it as far on the path, depending on how antsy the kids are.  It occurred to me the other day that I have never posted pictures of the neighborhood we live in or of the surrounding area, so here is one.  The mounatins in the background are really close!  We have a beautiful view of them out of our bedroom window too. 


It is pretty much impossible to get them to look at the camera these days!  They are bundled up (well, at least their top halves) because it's been kind of chilly in the mornings...about 50 degrees or so.  That's really cold for us because we are used to 90-100 degree weather!


This was one of the days when they wanted to get out of the stroller...I usually try to keep them entertained with cereal, crackers, granola bars, etc so that they will stay seated so that I can keep up a fast pace to get some exercise, but some days that just doesn't work!  I know this isn't that great of a picture, but I just wanted you to see Emma's new running shoes!  Aren't they cute?  She loves them too!


Another not-so-great picture.  Sammy really wanted to sit in this tree.  Notice the little hand at the bottom of the picture...guess who else wanted to be in the tree!

A church update will be coming soon!  I keep forgetting to take my camera to church (and who wants to read a blog entry without pictures, right?!?!)

3 comments:

Marie W said...

They are getting so big! I love the new shoes too :-)

The Flores Family said...

Thanks Marie. I know, I can't believe how fast they grow. It seems like the last year and a half has really flown by!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Sam is pondering something...