We have 5 more days until we leave for Mexico. We've been busy saying goodbye to family and friends. It is bittersweet because we are excited to go to Mexico and to see what God has in store for us, but at the same time, sad to leave so many people here in Seattle. We know that this is not goodbye forever. We will be back to visit and you are all welcome to come visit us anytime.
Here's a little preview of how the next few weeks will look for us. We will be leaving Seattle Friday morning and flying/traveling pretty much all day. We have 2 layovers- in Las Vegas and Dallas. We thought that 3 short flights would be better for Samuel than a 5-hour flight to Mexico City and then a short one to Monterrey. This will be Samuel's first flight, and he's become quite a busy boy, so I'll let you know how sitting in a plane goes... We will arrive in Monterrey Friday night and we will be staying with Checo's parents for a few weeks, until we find a house. We are hoping to buy a house as soon as possible so that we can be all moved in and unpacked before our baby girl is born (we still don't have a name for her). I'll be sure to let you all know when we find a place to live!
Today was our last day at our church (Calvary Chapel) and our pastor ordained Checo as a pastor. We are so thankful for the support of our church and we are looking forward to when they will be coming in August on a mission trip to Monterrey!
In case you didn't know, you can post comments here if you want. Just click on the green words that say, "0 comments" or however many comments we have and then you can write your message. If you don't have a google or blog account, you can just click on "anonymous" and you can post your comment without having to sign in. You can still sign your name at the bottom of you message though so that we know who you are. Hopefully that was clear enough!
3 comments:
I am so excited that you get to fulfill this dream you've had! I know that God is going to be working in amazing ways through you. May you be blessed in your adventures!
You are so blessed to have so many people that love and care for you. In return I know that you will love and care for so many new people on your adventures to Monterrey. I look forward to reading about all of the adventures. "And the LORD went before the Flores Family by day in a pillar of cloud to lead the way, and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light." Exodus 13:21 And he never left them.
Love Mary and Richard
Dearest Family of Flowers,
What a beautiful "garden" you are growing for God. I am so happy that you have been living with us the past 3 weeks and am so not wanting Friday to come!
Thank you for who you are and how you love Jesus! Really, what more could a mother want for her children and grandchildren? I need to tell God thank you for such a blessing! Sometimes the prize is right there in front of us and we keep waiting... Dad and I are so blessed to see this dream come true for you Annie and Checo.
Just remember,
"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be."
Anything, Anytime,
Mom
Post a Comment