Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lots of Hard Work!

We were officially able to move into our new house on Saturday, March 14th, but the electricity and water were not hooked up yet. So we decided it would be better to wait until we had power and water before we started living there (much to our dissapointment). As most of you have already heard, buying a house here in Mexico is different that in the U.S. When you buy a brand new house here, it's basically the shell of the house, and the owner has to buy everything else... such as the hot water heater, paint (to paint the bare walls), closets, light fixtures, etc. The good thing is, we get to pick out exactly what we like, the bad thing is, it takes lots of time and energy. So we have been VERY busy trying to get everything ready so that we can move in ASAP. Here is a picture of Checo painting the kitchen:

As you can see, the kitchen is empty too. Usually the owner has to get the cabinets, sink, oven, countertops, etc, but the construction company of our development was offering a special that includes all the kitchen stuff and installation. It was a good price, so we took them up on that offer (1 less thing to do). The kitchen installation company will be coming next week to install everything.
Here's Samuel in the living room:

I was trying to capture him as he was crawling towards a toy, but everytime that I started to take the picture, he'd sit back up, as if he was never crawling. I still haven't been able to get a picture of him in action!

And here is a picture of the front of our house. Checo is in the doorway installing a deadbolt on the door.

Anyone want to come on a short-term mission trip to come help us get our house ready? Just kidding, that was Checo's joke.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color of the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Don't tease about the mission trip...you might just get some Thomas' at your doorstep ( Joel and I are always looking for a way to get out of the country, you know)

The Flores Family said...

Well, we really would love for people to come and help out anytime- but with the church. There is a lot of work to do on the church. We wouldn't have people come and fix up our house!

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

Hey I love the front of the house! It looks really nice with that tan section. I can't believe Sammy is crawling! I thought for sure he would just wake up one day and walk right across the floor never wanting to crawl. I wish I could give him a big hug!!!