Some of you know that when Emma was born she weighed 9lbs, 6ou. She was a pretty hefty baby!!! She gained weight as expected until she was about 6 months old. Then after she hit 6 months, she practically stopped gaining weight for almost 9 months!!! I know, I was freaking out, especially since she was such a big baby to start with! Our pediatrician wasn't really worried about it, so we ended up changing doctors. The new one is really good, and after we tried a few of his suggestions (including weaning her at 15 months), she started to gain weight again. Back in September Emma was below the 3rd percentile (19 pounds) for her age. We just went back to the doctor a few days ago and she weighed 23 pounds, 2 ounces!!! That puts her at the 19th percentile!!! She gained about 4 pounds in the last 4 months!
The next post will be about Sammy....I know I just wrote 2 in a row about Emma. Don't worry, I'll make it up.
NOTE: After posting this, I was re-reading it and I realized that I made a couple mistakes....I wrote "weighted" instead of "weighed" twice. I told Checo that I think I'm losing my English!!! And he told me that I'm getting pretty good at Spanish, so I guess I'm just trading in my English skills for Spanish skills.
2 comments:
I know you will catch up! Sammy, don't despair. You are the best builder! A carpenter, just like Jesus! and compassionate too. Love you forever... guess who!
Yay! That is fabulous, Annie. Keep feeding her "vitamins"/gummy bears and she will be a strong giant! He he.
Thanks for posting so often. I love reading your blog posts. It is nice to hear updates and see how you guys are doing :-)
Take care, Breanna
Post a Comment