Friday, June 10, 2011

Late Night Last Night

Every Tuesday and Thursday night Checo is at the church and I am here alone and the kids are sleeping.  Most of the time I do nothing productive, except for when I listen to the sermons /that I've missed (when it's my week to teach Sunday school).  There is something about Checo not being here that makes me lazy and all I want to do is sit around and do nothing and eat junk food (that's why I don't buy much- I know I'd eat it all on Tue and Thur nights!).  So that's usually me every Tuesday and Thursday night.

Not the case last night!  I made myself a list of about 15 things that I wanted to do after the kids went to bed.  I didn't have any time to be lazy- the playgroup is at our house today (Friday) and in the night, we are having Checo's family over for a little birthday celebration for him.  And our house was messy with grass all over the floor (remember how I decided to mow the grass yesterday morning?)
Ok, so here is the list (I was a little over-ambitious):

1. put load in washer
2. write blog
3. make an iced latte (I was feeling a little tired, so I wrote this into my list....bad idea....drinking a double shot latte at about 8pm is not a good idea if you want to go to bed before the next day)
4. make brownies for playgroup tomorrow
5. hang clothes on line
6. clean back yard- rake grass and put in a bag, water plants and grass, wash all the dirt and dust off the cement. (I got a little carried away and started pulling up all the weeds and grass that were encroaching on my flowers!
7. make 1st pie for Checo's bday- Key Lime Pie
8. do the dishes and clean up pie mess
9. clean and dust dining room
10. clean and dust living room
11. vacumm rugs
12. sweep and mop dining room
13. sweep and mop living room
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ this is where I stopped at about midnight!
14. make 2nd pie for Checo's bday
15. clean up pie mess and do dishes
16. sweep and mop the rest of the downstairs

I still need to do numbers 14 through 16 this mornining!  I also had a little Skype break with my parents in there after number 6- good thing they called or else I might have gotten carried away with weeding and then I'd still be stuck on number 7!

So I gave myself a limit of how late I could stay up, which was midnight.  I had to be in bed by midnight, no matter what number I was on.  Remember that little latte I drank?  It was suppposed to keep me awake until I was done with my work and then when I wanted to go to bed, I was supposed to fall asleep within 10 minutes.  Well, it didn't work that way.  I went to bed at midnight, but I couldn't fall asleep until 1:30am!!  And then I woke up at 6:00am without even being woken up. 

Unfortunately I'm not going to have time today to continue with the "What do you do all day" series, but I will continue it on Saturday.  Today is going to be a busy day!

No comments: