Thursday, June 9, 2011

What do you do all day? Part 2

Ok, so where did I leave off?  We just finished book time, right?  Incase you missed part 1, you can click here, and it should take you there.  I really like that I can put links on here, it makes me feel like I'm up to date with technology (although I know I'm not). 

Ok, back to what we do all day.

10:00am- Play outside- either at the playground, the park behind our house, in front of our house, or in the street.  I know that last one sounds dangerous, but Sammy really loves playing soccer in the street and not too many cars drive by at 10am, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds.

At the playground.  Sammy really doesn't like smiling for pictures lately

Hiding his face again
I must add that whenever we go to the playground or the little park, Emma has a meltdown, almost every time!  I don't know what it is....maybe she's too hot and I'm forcing her to be outside, who knows!  Today I had to carry her back screaming and kicking.  She was mad that I wouldn't let her play in an ant hill! 


10:45am- Preschool Time- It's nothing fancy...about 20 or 30 minutes of activities.  Usually we start with alphabet flashcards.  I've been adding a new letter each week.  We are on letter M this week.  We play games with the flashcards to keep it fun!  Then the kids get to paint, color, play with playdough, or do some other crafty thing. After that we usually do either Sammy's or Emma's activity from the book, "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready", by June Oberlander.  You can click here if you want to see it on Amazon.com.  About 3 times a week we do a Bible lesson from the David C. Cook curriculum that I posted a picture of yesterday. 
Don't be fooled...this sounds like a lot, but each separate activity only lasts about 5-7 minutes.  I try to keep it moving pretty fast to keep their attention.


I was trying to get a picture of them as they were doing the flashcards (can you see the flashcard in the foreground of the picture?) 

Flashcard game- I give them 5 flashcards and tell them to point to the letter I say

More flashcards, no pics on these ones

Drawing a picture for Checo's birthday cards we were making (his birthday is on Saturday)

Using stamps to decorate another part of Checo's cards...this was the first time they used stamps and maybe the last time for awhile! 

Sammy's lesson for the week from "Slow and Steady Get Me Ready"- hammering nails in wood!!!

Here they are hammering.  I tapped the nails in the wood to get them started.  I thought Sammy would want to use the real hammer because he always wants to use Checo's tools, but he opted for the play hammer.  So poor Emma was left with a screwdriver (I wasn't about to give her the real hammer!)

Sammy loved it! The nails weren't really going any further in, but he just loved "working"

11:15am- Free Time- The kids do whatever they want around the house: play with toys, play in the backyard, etc.  Lately they have been going in the little pool because it's already so hot!  I usually check my email, sit back and relax or put out fights during this time.

Today I didn't put my feet up!  I mowed the grass in the backyard.  It's not very big, but it sure is a good workout with that push mower!  Sammy wanted to help me clean up the grass. 

Swimming in the pool...these pictures were from yesterday.  Today they were both naked and I didn't get any decent pictures of them.



Sammy yesterday before his haircut

Almost everyday during this "kick up my feet time", I make an iced latte!

That's all for now.  Tomorrow I will continue with Part 3.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Glad to see you're still getting your coffee treats in! :)

The Flores Family said...

Oh yes, of course Ang! I have to make them because there aren't many reliable coffee shops around here.