Sunday, June 12, 2011

What do you do all day? Part 3

Here we go!

11:45am- I get lunch ready for the kids and me, while they either play or watch a DVD (it all depends on what kind of day we are having....if it's one of those "off" days, I put a DVD on because there is less chance of a fight erupting when I'm trying to get lunch ready).

12:00pm- Lunch


Eating lunch in their "birthday suits"- they had just gotten out of the pool
On this particular day (when I took the picture, we were out of tortillas.  Immediately after setting Sammy's plate down on the table, he noticed there were no tortillas and he asked me for one.  I told him we were out and I'd have to call "Papi" to tell him get get some on his way home.  He was okay with that.  He had to eat lunch without a tortilla.

12:30pm- Books with Mommy- I read books to them on the couch.   

Imagine me sitting in between Emma and Sammy
1:00pm- Naptime- sorry, no picture...I wouldn't dare take a picture of them sleeping, for fear that they might wake up!  Then naptime would be over and that wouldn't be good.

Between 1:00 and 1:30- Checo gets home from work and eats lunch

He just got home! 

And he brought fresh tortillas- they were still warm!

And Sammy was waiting in his crib awake!  I guess he either heard Checo get home or he smelled the tortillas and he got up.  He then proceeded to eat 3 tortillas!

From 1:30-3:00pm- While the kids are napping, I do different things depending on the day. I either: go for a run, go grocery shopping (without kids!), clean the house, do laundry, or do computer stuff.
Checo is usually home during this time because after he eats lunch he has the afternoons to do church things.  He is taking theology classes through a distance learning program, so he does all his work at home!  This works great because I can leave for a run or go grocery shopping and he can be studying while the kids are sleeping.  Some days Checo goes to the church to do work or meets with different people from the church.

3:00pm (give or take 30 minutes)- Sammy and Emma wake up. 
The rest of the afternoon isn't as scheduled as the mornings.  Here are some of the things we might do:
-go swimming in the "big" pool
-go to the mall and the kids jump on the "brincolin", you know those big inflatable jumpy things, I don't know what they are called in English.  I've found the best deal around and it's almost always empty!  It costs the equivalent of $1.50 per child for 1 full hour!!!  All the other places charge about the same amount, but only for 15 minutes.
-stay at home and play
-play with their friends, Andrea and Ricky, who are our neighbors
-go to the playground and get sunburnt

5:00pm- Dinner Prep- I'd say this is just about the hardest part of the day!  The kids are getting hungry and I guess the heat just makes us all a little grouchy!  If Checo is home studying, he pretty much always takes the kids to the park to get them out from under my feet.  If he's not home or unavailable, I try to include them in cooking or I put another DVD on for them.  DVDs always come in handy during the most difficult times!


To be continued......

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I really LOVE these one a day posts Annie!! I feel like I'm there with you!! So entertaining!
-JoJo

The Flores Family said...

Thanks Jo! I'm glad you like reading the blog. Sammy asked for you again yesterday. You really left an impression on him!