Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What do you do all day? Part 4

This is the fourth and final part of the "What do you do all day" series.  I had no idea that I was going to drag it out like this.  If you missed the previous three, here are the links (did I mention that I love putting up links?):


Ok, this is going to be quick because there isn't much more to say and I only have one or two pictures.

5:30pm- Dinner- it lasts a total of 5-10 minutes for Sammy and Emma. They eat very fast then go play.  Checo and I try to sit and chat and enjoy our food, but somehow that doesn't always happen.

6:00- 6:45pm- The kids play in the house or outside.  They love to go out in the street and play soccer at this time because there is acutally shade in the front at this time. 

6:45pm- Bathtime for Sammy and Emma

I tried really hard to get a picture that didn't show any indecent body parts and this is the best one.  As you can see, we don't have a normal bathtub.  Normal sized bathtubs are very uncommon in Mexico, none of the houses are built with them.

7:00pm- Bedtime- depending on how long their naps were (if Sammy even took one) and also what time they woke up, sometimes they go to bed a little earlier or a little later. 

The rest of the night- A couple nights a week Checo is at the church and that's when I get really lazy, remember?  The other nights that he's here, I'm not quite as lazy.  Here are some things I might do: go running, clean the house, watch a movie or just hang out with Checo, go grocery shopping, go outside and chat with the neighbors (everyone comes out at night here!).

Well, that's about it.  Now you have a little picture of what we do each day. 

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I have loved this little series and the glimpse it gives me into your day-to-day. You're so far away, but your days sound pretty similar to ours. Sammy and Emma are so, so beautiful!

The Flores Family said...

I'm so glad you like it Teresa. Now I'm having to start all over again! Thankfully, my parent's house is like a preschool- my mom has way more toys and educational supplies than I had at my house!!!